Edited profile won't update

Jessica43
Level 2
Washington, DC

Edited profile won't update

I edited my description last week, and while the updated text currently appears in the editing text fields, the listing (full site or app) hasn't updated. Am I missing something?

38 Replies 38
Jean-Philippe74
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Try click in each box. You will see a warning for the box that have an issue. For me i had links to  website...

Tedd-and-Emily0
Level 1
Fort Smith, AR

Yes, this was the issue!.....finally was able to update my listing!  thanks so much @Eric4450 !

Melissa1340
Level 2
Cable Bay, New Zealand

it's not a facebook question for me!!  How do I actually get help from Air bnb on  his??  I can't save any changes to my listing!  very frustrating!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Melissa1340 It is almost certain that your issue is that you have exceeded the character count in the listing description. This is a known issue and has been reported to Airbnb but sadly no action appears to have been taken.

Whilst there is a character limit there is no character count!!!!!

If you cut most of the text out the save button should magically light up/appear

thank you thank you. So simple. Why isn't there a word count so people don't waste endless hours fluffing about...doh!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Melissa1340 You will be glad to hear that @Lizzie is working on this.

Anyway at least these glitches mean that people get to communicate across the world.

Try limiting the amount of text. In the Listing Description, particularly, if you type too much text, you may find that the "SAVE" button goes pale, and you cannot save. 

Just as a test, cut your text string in half and see that the button is now valid.

Thanks @Susan3756 , however one should be notified officially of any of these changes, shouldn't we?

If one wishes to edit and update other sections it won't unless we also edit 'The Space" to less characters ..

As an side, the Green Save button is still not showing on the Notification/ Account page - its been like that now for over a year.

Come on in @Brian , are you aware of this and why haven't ABB Tech Team not fixed up this IT issue?

Thanks in advance

@Mike-And-Jane0, @Lizzie  is currently on maternity leave so maybe @Quincy @Nick or one of the other admins @Anna @Sergi @Noriko would be so kind to follow up on this??

Chanell12
Level 1
North Las Vegas, NV

I was able to log out and back in. I used the browser instead of the app because the app wasn’t letting me do anything. I found that the emoji I was using was the reason it wasn’t saving. Once I removed the emoji, it saved.