Edited profile won't update

Jessica43
Level 2
Washington, DC

Edited profile won't update

I edited my description last week, and while the updated text currently appears in the editing text fields, the listing (full site or app) hasn't updated. Am I missing something?

38 Replies 38
Gretchen0
Level 6
Oregon City, OR

It's happened to me before when I've used my phone to update. Try rewriting it on a computer and see if that helps.
Mandy5
Level 1
Pitlochry, United Kingdom

Hi, i have tried numerous times now to update and edit my profile using pc,laptop,tablet and android phone but it still isn,t making the changes:can you advise please? Thanks 

I have tried a dozen times to edit my profile on my computer and the changes are not being saved. Help! it is really frustrating.

Amy42
Level 4
Oakland, CA

I have had issues with this before as well. Try making changes then giving the web site a while to upload changes before you close your browser window. There was no "Save" button so it should happen automatically, unfortunately there may be a delay. Also try deleting your browser cache to make sure you're looking at the updated version of the page. 

When I had a friend view my initial listing she found an old version somehow online which did not match the changes I had just made (and could see!) You may want to edit the text off line, try uploading it, and then keep a word doc with the text so if you have to do it again, you can copy/paste.

Lili15
Level 2
Cambridge, MA

I'm having the same problem. I'm able to click the "save" button, but the profile doesn't update, so the text I've entered into the "describe yourself" box just disappears.  Very frustrating! 

Same here. Stuck with the old profile description.

A similar thing happened before about the co-hosts. It was like you invite someone for co-hosting. If they don't accept it and you need to add other people it was impossible to remove the invitation and get back your 3 co-host option.

Non-sense for such a lovely interface. 😕

Christopher168
Level 1
Kingham, United Kingdom

Has anyone had an answer from Abnb on this issue?  I'm experiencing the same: my changes to 'describe yourself' are not being saved.

Ilaria60
Level 1
Milan, Italy

Same here: I've tried to update uno of my listing numerous times, from different platforms (iOS and Windows) and it just doesn't happen. 

Can AirBnB look into the problem, now!

thank you

Christian261
Level 1
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hello AirnBnB - could you answer these questions we all have regarding updating our listing? I've tried several times without luck. Please? C. 

Joan140
Level 2
Cape St Francis, South Africa

I'm having the same problem...I have tried to edit my profile with no success. The text I wrote says 'We have 2 sons, one in London and one in Cape Town' It appears on the website as 'We have 2 lives, one in London one in Cape Town' This is very different and misleading!! Please help me change this’ Very frustrating that on can't contact a human from airbnb!!

Joseph79
Level 3
Merced, CA

Here's what I did that actually worked:

Logged in with my email and password.

Left clicked on my face and picked "edit profile".

Deleted what I wanted to change and saved.

It asked for my password, which I reentered.

Then entered what I wanted, and repeated the save and password entry.

New info was in the profile.

Logged out; logged back in; new info still in profile.

Checked again a few days later, still good.

Tried but sry this is not helpful and not fixing the issue for me

Beverly43
Level 1
Franklin, NC

Same here. I have edited and added new profile photo twice. Even deleted the old photos; still, original photo is the one that shows, not the new photo.

Jeremy145
Level 1
Flagstaff, AZ

I really wish Airbnb would fix this... I've tried all of the above suggestions and nothing worked. It still has my old college information.