Existential Angst; a recent rash of less than stellar reviews...

Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

Existential Angst; a recent rash of less than stellar reviews...

Has anyone else noticed a trend in guests awarding fewer stars lately? Sometimes while awarding five stars in all categories and several "compliments" while awarding four stars overall? 

I've been a super host since October 2016 and have over 520 reviews. About 490 of them are 5 stars (though I can't see that information anymore because of a recent change to the performance/reviews section of the platform). In the last few weeks I've noticed a sharp uptick in four star reviews across multiple properties. I'm working as hard as ever to make sure everyone has a great experience. I'm at a loss to explain this shift in guest attitude. Is anyone else seeing this?

If you've read this far, thanks for giving my whiny tantrum an audience.  I guess I'll be following the lead of some others who have put information in the homes to illuminate the high stakes of the review process for hosts. 

1 Reply 1
Thea-and--Keith0
Level 2
Yellow Springs, OH

YES!  We are seeing the same thing and I am struggling to handle it.  We have about 5 guests that have left 4’s in their review, one left a 4 star review out of over 213 reviews and a result, our units are coming up at 4.95 and 4.93.  It’s really frustrating.  One guest gave us a 4 on accuracy because she stated we didn’t because “the photos didn’t do justice, it’s so much more quaint and delightful than I expected”.