FEATURE REQUEST: Mark Messages as Read

FEATURE REQUEST: Mark Messages as Read

Could anyone else use a handy way to mark Inbox messages as read? I co-host with my wife (who has a separate account) and read most messages as they enter my email inbox. To clear my Airbnb inbox, currently I'm forced to open each individual message even though I've already read it and know that my wife has responded.

24 Replies 24
Paul302
Level 1
Denver, CO

Please add me to the long list of hosts requesting a "Mark All Messages Read"  button. Sheesh.

Kelly1129
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

Yes please! This is so annoying, especially in the middle of trips when I'm communicating with international hosts. I'll have an Unread notification and it's just spam or a message a year old that is no longer relevant. 

Tommy150
Level 10
Buffalo, NY

In addition to this, it would be wonderful... WONDERFUL if hosts could see that a message was "read" or at least opened by a guest... not everyone is good about responding.  At least then we know they got our important message, check in info, etc. - and can breathe a little easier.  The technology exists on many platforms. 

There seems to be no way around it. It has to be a type of function for Airbnb to install as archiving messages or starring the messages do not help!

It's quite a pain having to go re open each message sigh..

Bappy1
Level 1
Surry Hills, AU

I have the same need. This option needs to be available for both web and mobile versions separately. 

Maybe Airbnb is trying to make sure hosts always checks the message.  However, without this feature, we all have too many unread messages in different devices to focus and support the most relevant guest now. 

So please implement this feature. 

Adam1118
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

Yes Airbnb this is sorely needed!! pls add a select-all functionality

Danielle728
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

Jesus Christ it makes no sense that this is not basic functionality. 

Read receipts for guests and cohosts (seen by X at X time; same as a group message on Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp or literally any other platform)  and a "mark all as read" button. It's like AirBnB wants their backend to be as difficult and slow for hosts as possible. 

Alik159
Level 1
Bonsall, CA

How is it that we even have to ask for something this obvious?
Same for the notifications.

Ben3970
Level 1
Priceville, AL

I’ve called a few times about this but I have largely been ignoring this issue since no resolution seemed to exist. Has anyone ever found a fix?

Ben
Cassio2
Level 3
São Paulo, Brazil

Almost 2023 and no solution from airbnb yet