Family Collection Eligibility - Poor Clarification of Essentials

Meaghan12
Level 3
Newark, MD

Family Collection Eligibility - Poor Clarification of Essentials

Writing out of frustration, as we still do not qualify for "Family Collection" due to what is my opinion a very poor assessment of "Essentials".  Airbnb lumps towels, bed sheets, soap, toilet paper, and pillows all under the singular tab of "Essentials."  I personally do not provide towels or bed sheets, but do provide my guests with soaps, toilet paper & pillows.  In addition to those items, I provide my guests firewood, bikes, kids size picnic table, board games and other very FAMILY friendly items.  We rent our camper at a very family friendly campground and it is beyond frustrating that we cannot be considered for the Family Collection, simply because I do not provide towels/sheets. 

As hosts whom both work a full time job 6 days a week and live an hour away from our hosted property, it simply is not practical for us to keep up with the laundry these items would entail.  Its spelled out multiple times in my listing and booking details, so families are fully aware prior to booking with us that we do not provide things things.  

I find it very unfair that I'm unable to get that last 'tick' when I'm eligible in all other areas.  Does anyone else have similar issues?

5 Replies 5
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Meaghan12 

we do not qualify for work collection simply because we don't allow self-check-in

Interesting, didnt realize there was a work collection!  

Being in the hotel industry as my full time job I can sort of understand this, as business travelers generally do not want much interaction with the front desk staff.  They just want to get in and out.  

What are your hesitations for self check in out of curiosity?  I cannot get my last box checked for laundry and I simply do not have the time for laundry, just too busy in life.  

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Meaghan12 wait, how do you clean between stays? If you have a cleaner can't that person launder sheets and towels? If you travel to do it yourself, can't you switch out sheets and towels and launder them at home? Have you considered offering them for an optional linen fee?

Kat84
Level 10
San Pedro, Philippines

I can't get what is the connection between business traveller and self check in. Normally business people are very knowledgeable on how to deal with front desk, request private check in and what hotels are popular among businessmen.

Business people are good in planning, punctuality and arriving on time. It's the lousy guests, who can't plan 10 minutes of their time, urgently need self check-in. 

Kat84
Level 10
San Pedro, Philippines

Why do you need to get into Family collection? It didn't bring me anything extra. It will not improve your search appearance as well. You are already a family attractor, because your property can accommodate 6 people. People start search with number of people first. Not looking at any collections