First time AirBnB in USA

First time AirBnB in USA

Hi all,

I am new to AirBnB. This is the first time I am using AirBnB. I am from Bangalore, India. I am planning to book an AirBnB from 30 December 2019 to 2 January 2020. This is my first time to Piitsburgh (and outside India) too.

I had few questions. I would greatly appreciate any timely response.

1. I am planning to save money. So, I tried to find rooms in the city. However, I found that rooms away from the center of the city are somewhat cheaper. But, I would like to move somewhere close to University of Pittsburgh later. So, I found that Uber rates are like 1.3$ per kilometer. So, what should be my strategy? Should I stay in the city or at the borders of the city? (I am ok with some 50$ difference. However, if there is a chance to save any more than that, I wish to save)

2. What are the documents needed for verification? I will be having passport for sure. But, do I need to carry any xerox of the passport? Are there any additional documents required for verification?

3. I would definitely require WiFi and heater. I will likely be entering USA with a cellphone that will only have WiFi (cellular connection is unreliable in my old phone) and be buying a USA network compatible cellphone later. So, WiFi would be needed for all communications (especially Whatsapp and Facebook for the first few days). I would need heater too. I tried few filters. However, I am not sure if that is limiting my searches or is making my searches costlier. Could anybody confirm? (especially if superhosts will be filtered out. Because, I hope to book any one of super-hosts' rooms)

4. Can I pay via Indian credit card? I heard that there will be few problems (especially for Indian credit cards) and payment will not be authorised. I was going through https://www.airbnb.co.in/help/article/126/what-methods-of-payment-does-airbnb-accept?locale=en&_set_... . But, I did not understand if I have to sign up for a wallet or if Indian credit card would work.

5. Will I be required to do a security deposit? How much will it be? I did not get any definitive information about this. Is it dependent on the host?

6. Can I avail any discount coupon as this is my first AirBnB booking?

1 Reply 1

Oh okey 

Am Isaac from Ghana I am new to AirBnB and I am trying to host so!e guest so if you are interested let me know