Frustating - Fatal Error in Airbnb system.

Arief79
Level 2
Bali, ID

Frustating - Fatal Error in Airbnb system.

What I'm writing here is my disappointment with the Airbnb system and to let everyone know. and I hope it doesn't happen to others.

Who am I?

I am a Host on Airbnb for more than 2 years. I have a list of 8 properties. I work as a host in Bali by helping many property owners with manage their online / offline property reservation. Then I get paid a commission from the production that I produce. I Did a good job with hosting Airbnb, you can see my profile.

This incident began 5 days ago,

(23rd of November 2019) where I received a very surprising email from Airbnb. Airbnb said it had the advantage of sending a payout of Rp 21,364,861.73 (USD 1,515) to my account between 5-12 November 2019 without any clear details. This is a very very fatal error. Then with ease in the last part of the e-mail it says that Airbnb will automatically deduct payouts from future reservations. (Oh my god, this is so crazy).

The Crazy part is :
- Airbnb said they overpay me between November 5-12, then Airbnb notifies me on November 23 (more than 1 week after the incident). 

- I haven't even gotten a detailed overpayment explanation yet. Which reservation? What date? what amount? (I have a lot of reservations)
- In the business world, we cannot just transfer any of that money to another party, then after that it imposes what happens to that party. In fact, it was the carelessness and fatal mistake of the sender of money. In my opinion, sending money improperly to someone else's personal account is the same as sending a virus. 

My Situation now : 

- In the last five days I have talked to one of the customer support. She really listened and helped me but the surprise was that she said that she had received so many calls for the same complaint. Then today she write me that there is no alternative solution on what has happened. The only option is for Airbnb to make the adjustments from my upcoming payouts so that they could make adjustments,  She said She cannot do more since only people who have the power to do so.

- I am only a host that cooperates with properties that I have listed on Airbnb (total of 8 properties). These eight properties are different and are owned by different owners. Me as the host only gets a commission fee of reservation we produce. As a host, I have a staff member who receives payment from Airbnb, then he will immediately give the money to the property owner, tax, and others for no more than 1 day. I have confirmed that the payment we have received from Airbnb (05-12 of November) has been allocated to property owners and others.

- Airbnb has overpaid me still without clear information and which payment details, which reservation, bank validation or others. and worse is that Airbnb notified me more than 1 week after overpayment error. If Airbnb becomes aware of payment errors and notifies me on the same day, the funds will definitely still be with me and I might be able to help. With conditions like now, how do I get the money back from the parties that I have paid ?? it's impossible, even asking about it to the property owners definitely will ruined my reputation.

- At the moment I should get 2 reservations payout for a total amount of IDR 4,947,000 (USD 350) but I have not received it or there is no confirmation of Airbnb. and the owner of the property has complained to me for not receiving payment

- the conclusion for me is : it is very unfair, Airbnb as a big and well-known company can make fatal mistakes like this and then impose this to the innocent party. and I am in this position very disadvantaged and frankly can not trust anymore with the Airbnb system that can not be relied upon. I have never experienced a fatal error like this in other online reservation platforms.

- I offered to Airbnb that i only can return the commission that I get from the property owner. but I can't help Airbnb more than that. I have tried to help and cooperate as well as possible.

- I still hope for the last time I can receive a responsible and wise answer from Airbnb.

- Airbnb only has 6 hours to give me the final answer. if the solution from Airbnb remains the same, I am forced to take a more serious decision that may lead to termination of cooperation with Airbnb forever. And i will cancel many future reservation and stop working with Airbnb.

- All is because this system error (i can not afford to loose again and now i can't trust this system anymore). There is no such a fatal error like this in other online reservation platforms/booking engine.

It is really sad to leaving Airbnb just because of this kind of situation  Where a lot of alternatives should can be offered to rectify the wrong that has been done. I sure hope, that management hears me, and they see, that creating more alternatives for users give more assurance that they are being taken cared off by the Company.

Dear any Airbnb host in the world,

has anyone experienced the same thing with me here?

and what you do if you are in my position. can you still believe in this system?

Email from Airbnb.jpgchat history with the Airbnb support team.jpg

Best Regards,

Arief

0 Replies 0