Full refund to guest

Gee0
Level 1
Nana Glen, New South Wales, Australia

Full refund to guest

I got a request on my mobile phone regarding a customer wanting to stay and i replied and said yes but by the time I got online and realised my sms message didn't get to her it was past the acceptance date of the holiday she wanted.  She is now asking for a refund.  Airbnb need to either stop sending sms to mobile phones or when we reply to them work on them straight away and send them to the customers straight away.  My guest wants her money back which is fair to me but i don't think I should have to be out of pocket with cancellation fees etc as the speed of requests and replies getting to and from mobile and airbnb is too slow.  How can I reverse the payment so she gets all her monies back without me having to pay any penalties.

1 Reply 1
Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

It sounds as if the reservation was not made at all if you did not accept her request in time for her to stay at your rental. In that case Airbnb will not pay you because you did not accept the guest timely. You will get a ding on your response rate and the guest will not be charged and there is no out of pocket cost to you. If the reservation was accepted and she backed out it, then she will be refunded by Airbnb based on your selected cancelation policy. Always refer guests to Airbnb when they request a refund. Never pay out of your pocket, all transactions should go through Airbnb.