GUEST WITH NO BOOKING LEAVING PERSONAL BELONGINGS AND VEHICLE BEHIND FOR 10 DAYS

John-And-Angela1
Level 2
Brentwood, United Kingdom

GUEST WITH NO BOOKING LEAVING PERSONAL BELONGINGS AND VEHICLE BEHIND FOR 10 DAYS

Guests checked out 2 days early but left behind personal belongings and vehicle whilst they out of the country for a 10 day holiday.  Have provided a bad review which totally opposite to their original review of 9 November 2018 when all others have given 5* plus.  Totally broke house rules so cancelled their future booking for New Year's Eve.  Anyone else had this problem?

3 Replies 3
Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

They could be dead ? Seems very weird

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@John-And-Angela1

No, we never had this problem 😮  (knock on wood) . Guests are allowed to use our property only during the booking period, not longer. If they use it longer they are trespassing

I would call spider service and get his car removed from my property to the "lost and found" police department along with his belongings. If he wouldn't pick up his things over a certain period of time everything would be sold on public auction.

Maybe we should put in our house rules something like "we are not responsable for items left behind"

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@John-And-Angela1

No but you did the right thing -what about the vehicle - can you have this towed away to storage so that they have to pay to retrieve it? Personally I would message them to say their personal belongings will be boxed and left on your front step at xx on xx date.. And can the have someone pick them up and that you are not taking responsiblity for  their items.