Getting paid / Decline deposit refund?

Answered!

Getting paid / Decline deposit refund?

How do I get paid for my recent (1st) AirBnB guest. My card info still says pending verifying.... Also i requested a deposit to be taken, the guest broke 2 new chairs & my Tv, how dod i stop them getting their deposit back?
1 Best Answer

@Kylie17:
As for the card pending, it may take several days for that to clear. If it does not then you should contact Airbnb by phone.

As for covering your expenses for broken furniture, follow this guide:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/264/what-do-i-do-if-my-guest-breaks-something-in-my-place

Note that there is a time frame- you MUST make the request before another guest checks in so don't procrastinate.

Before I go, let me say that I'm sorry you had a bad first experience. We operate two STR's and have hosted over 500 guests but can count on one hand the guests that have caused any significant damage to our homes. Not all guests are like this lady!

Please leave an honest but professional review for this guest. Be careful not to say anything slanderous or put in details as that will provide opportunity for Airbnb to remove the review. Keep it short, simple. In this case you might say, "We found several items of value that were broken when this guest checked out. We are unable to recommend this guest to future hosts."

Good luck to you as you proceed in this new endeavor!

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

@Kylie17:
As for the card pending, it may take several days for that to clear. If it does not then you should contact Airbnb by phone.

As for covering your expenses for broken furniture, follow this guide:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/264/what-do-i-do-if-my-guest-breaks-something-in-my-place

Note that there is a time frame- you MUST make the request before another guest checks in so don't procrastinate.

Before I go, let me say that I'm sorry you had a bad first experience. We operate two STR's and have hosted over 500 guests but can count on one hand the guests that have caused any significant damage to our homes. Not all guests are like this lady!

Please leave an honest but professional review for this guest. Be careful not to say anything slanderous or put in details as that will provide opportunity for Airbnb to remove the review. Keep it short, simple. In this case you might say, "We found several items of value that were broken when this guest checked out. We are unable to recommend this guest to future hosts."

Good luck to you as you proceed in this new endeavor!

I'm a new host and I've had my first successful guest.

I've been paid on the air Bnb website

But it has not gone into my PayPal account