Guest Damage

Natia13
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

Guest Damage

Hello Airbnb Community!

I'm a starter in this business, I just had 2 guests yet. Yesterday my second has just left and our made found out that our TV is burned (you can see pictures below, sorry I can't rotate photos) and the entrance door is scratched. I bought this TV not more than one week ago ( I have a guarantee and dates are shown there). What can I do in this case? Help me, please!

Ex-beautiful doorTV

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Natia13. Did you check why the TV had burned? As for this one, you cannot exclude the fault of the device. As for scratches, apply for a refund from the guests, if they do not agree, claim it from the deposit.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

Hello Marzena,

Thank you for quick respond. As it seems TV-s outside frame was burned by the candle flame. Guests already left and unfortunately, I haven't requested the deposit.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

uh @Natia13, sorry to hear that 😞 

You should request money from your guest to cover the damage . Here is what you have to do , pay attention to time frame , you should do it before your next guest checks in or in 14 days from his check out whatever is first

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/264/what-do-i-do-if-my-guest-breaks-something-in-my-place

If he refuses or doesn't agree then you involve Airbnb after 72 hours I think

You will have to do it very carefully and as requested by Airbnb, you will need photos, video, receipes for door and tv etc.. 

In the future remove any candles from your ABB, (it is to dangerous as you exsperienced) and ask for security deposit. Home insurance for short term rental property would be smart to have.

Good luck

ps

did they have a dog? it looks like scratches on the door are from dogs claws

Thank you for an exhaustive reply. I'll fill out the form quickly.