Guest came & left, wants refund

Jen298
Level 1
New Jersey, United States

Guest came & left, wants refund

We had a guest come today who, only a few minutes later, messaged saying our space was not what they were expecting and wouldn’t be staying.

We have lots of pictures of the space available & a detailed description. We messaged saying we were sorry and if anything was amiss (to see if it was something we could correct). The only response we got was asking about a refund for their second night. 

What should we do? 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jen298 

The guest need to cancel the reservation and then your cancellation policy (moderate) will calculate the refund (if any). If they are unhappy about that, they can contact Airbnb and explain their reasons for more refund.

Best regards,

Emiel

Jen298
Level 1
New Jersey, United States

Thank you @Emiel1 

The guest did respond (but still hasn’t canceled) with: When I searched the site l searched under the “entire space” section. We are on a business trip and need a quite separate space to make and receive business calls. I wasn’t expecting the space to be part of the house. I may have to learn how to do a search better. I’m still learning about Airbnb.

I haven’t written back as I have no idea what to say... what they are looking for is exactly what our space is. The description says it is a suite/in law suite and photos show it attached to the house. I’m completely confused.