Guest charged less than my nightly fee

Twyla1
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

Guest charged less than my nightly fee

Hello,

We have a cottage in Colorado and are new to Airbnb this past month.  Today I received an instant booking reservation for March for $48/night when it clearly shows on our site (when I go in without logging in and when friends go in) that the fee is $55/night.  Anyone know why the guest may have been charged less without me knowing?  Thanks so much!

5 Replies 5
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Twyla1

Looking at your listing you have a variety of prices, makes wonder if you have smart pricing on?

David

Hello,

I have smart pricing on at a minimum of $55.  I did change it for the coming weekend to $48, but only manually for four nights.  When I checked the site (and friends checked), it showed just this weekend at $48 and $55 as a minimum going forward with prices increasing with summer approaching.  Maybe that little attempt to make the coming weekend a more inviting price resulted in this, even though no other night shows $48 after Sunday?  The request came this morning and was booked through instant booking, it just appears that it should have been at $55 as is clearly stated on our site.  What a mystery, I might be doing something wrong, but want to know what if I can figure it out 🙂  I'm tempted to go back in and turn off smart pricing for now until I know what happened. Thanks for anyone's insight!

Twyla1
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

Hello,

Just to close the circle on this I realized this afternoon that our place does have a "weekly" discount!  So it's my error, not accounting for that fact 🙂  It explains the lower nightly rate, even though my minimum is higher and shows on the site.  Thought I'd close up this post in case anyone else does a search and forgets the same thing.  Mystery solve, thanks-

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Twyla1,

Thanks a lot for the update! Glad you worked out what the issue was. As you said, it is really helpful for other users who have a similar issue to see what happened in your case!

Happy Hosting!

Kirstie

Hi,

My situation is that I clearly state that I charge $99 from Sun to Thu and $129 on Fri and Sat, but yet AirBNB is charging $75.29 for a 7 day booking...even with 10% off for a weekly booking it still doesnt pan out.