Guest has checked out and my fridge is not working

Dawn94
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Guest has checked out and my fridge is not working

Hi There,

Hopefully someone will be able to offer some help / advice.

My guests checked out this morning and when I came back this evening I noticed that the fridge has stopped working. The ice tray was full of water and nothing was cold. They did not mention anything about it. The fridge ie relatively new (as far as fridges go) about 3 years old and a good fridge.

I am not sure what the best approach to this would be as hard to imagine how a guest could do something to break a fridge, however it is annoying that it was working perfectly fine up until now.

Would appreciate any advice on how to deal and resolve this situation. Thanks!

Thanks,

Dawn.

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Dawn94  Whenever there is anything amiss after a guest check out it is important to immediately message through Air BNB your observation.  Ask the guest if they observed any problem with the refrigerator.  You are not accusing them, but just asking for their input as to the timeline of the shut down.  Since the clock is ticking for a you to make a claim in the Resolution Center, you need to act quickly to get a diagnosis of what caused the problem.  When you get the refridgerator fixed, the technician's repair order should contain a reason for the failure.  If there was damage due to abuse, you have a claim.  If not, then you just have a refrigerator that needed to be repaired.