Guest not responding to messages

Ninik0
Level 1
Bali, Indonesia

Guest not responding to messages

My Guest already check in, did not staye and sleeep in her room overnight and I can not reach her.

We are very worried!

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ninik0  I would be worried, too, especially with a single female guest. And especially if she is not answering messages or phone calls. Maybe you should give it a little more time and then contact the police and Airbnb? 

I had a guest not come home her first night. But I knew she had friends in town and that she was going out for dinner and drinks with them, so I was concerned, but I figured that she maybe just stayed at their place. I texted her in the morning and she did reply, and my idea was correct- it was late, they'd all had a lot to drink, so she just stayed there. She apologized for not letting me know and thanked me for my concern. Does your guest have friends in town?

I get a lot of single female guests, of all ages. What I have started doing is asking them for emergency contact information after they check-in, but before they go out. Airbnb does have a place for guests to enter that info on their accounts, but most of them haven't bothered to do it. And I figured if a guest had a serious accident or really went missing, their family would want to know as soon as possible, not be informed a day or two later after I had to contact Airbnb and then maybe Airbnb would contact their family, and who knows how long that might take.

Also, in a situation like you are having, if you had a family number to call, they might say "Oh, she does that kind of thing all the time, don't worry about it."