Guest profile

Answered!
Eileen119
Level 2
Wales, United Kingdom

Guest profile

What if the guest who turns up is clearly not the person on the guest's profile?

1 Best Answer
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Eileen119

That would depend if the guest is on a business trip or not.

Click the link for details who-can-book-trips-on-behalf-of-someone-else

For personal travel it should be the person who booked that stay's, Tricky situation, how do you throw them out ? you could let it go and in the review of the guest give them a thumbs down for allowing a 3rd party booking on the account.

I get quite a few 3rd party bookings for granny or aunty and so long as I know I don't mind, I should point out that 3rd party bookings will void airbnbs host insurance, but its rubbish insurance so I have my own.

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18

@Lee-Anna0  Then state in your listing, and also in a message to a guest who wants to book that you require a clear face photo, not a picture of their dog.

Kathleen693
Level 2
Slayton, MN

I reguire a gov ID to book.  I cannot see the guest's profile until they book.  What are my options if they  book and then I notice they do not included a gov id.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you have your listings set so only those with Gov ID can book @Kathleen693 , then only guests with ID should be able to book.

if you noticed that someone without ID has booked (hasn’t happened to me in 5 years), then contact the guest and ask them to provide it.

if they don’t you can ask Airbnb to cancel the booking. 

Fiona58
Level 6
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I am increasingly feeling concerned that people booking do not provide ANY details at all.  How is this protecting hosts on Airbnb?  Also - it is stated that people tell you who they are bringing with them, yet I'd say around 90% don't tell me anything.  Can this be rectified in any way?  Should I turn off the Instant Book facility?