Guest threatens to sue over a review

Heli5
Level 1
Tallinn, Estonia

Guest threatens to sue over a review

Hi! 

I have been hosting for a few months now and had mostly nice guests and spent good time with them, got good reviews. 

Then a few weeks ago there was one who checked in drunk, didn't communicate well, used my shampoo and other stuff, arrived more drunk in the middle of the night after a party or something and listened to loud music in the middle of the night after having woken me up, because of what seemed like he forgot he has keys. For me, it was the first unpleasant guest and so I left a review that described the situation. I thought it would be slightly nice if i added a mellow tone to it, giving a description of his hairstyle as well that was cool in my opinion. 

Then when 2 weeks passed and he saw my review, he wrote that he wants my review to be changed, that I "publicly criticized his style and habit of sleeping with the radio on". 

He told that his lawyer will contact me soon if I don't change it - and "suffer the consequences" if i don't contact airbnb to ask a way to change the review, because my review will "harm his airbnb travel in the future." 

What should I do?

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Heli5

If it's factually correct there is nothing they can do. On a separate note Hower you are always best to steer clear of personal traits or observations- it makes you look picky as a host and while one person may hate ponytails on men, others (surprisingly) lovevthe

!