Guest wants to cancel only the one out of 4 days.

Guest wants to cancel only the one out of 4 days.

Hi, 

I have a question, a guest of mine has booked for 4 nights in July and due to some problems with airplanes he wants to cancel the first day. I have chosen the "strict" policy so if he want to cancel now, he has to pay 50%. My question is that if he cancels, he will pay also the comission on airbnb? Also what is the procedure to cancel the only one night? Thank you!

5 Replies 5
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Spyros3 You don't need to do anything - let your guest cancel that first night & Airbnb will sort out the details according to your cancellation policy. Hope that helps - Karen

Thank you very much! 

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Spyros3

Just amend the booking to reflect the days he actaul going to stay.

REgards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

The Explorer's Club Krakow VIII

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Spyros3

Go to 'your reservations", then , at the right next to the reservation, you will see "change or cancel".  Do not cancel - but when you click change, you will be prompted to make whatever changes you want (dates, money..).  When you click send, it will go as a request to the guest, who will then need to accept before the change is complete.

Yes @Spyros3, you can also do what @Cormac0 and @Hilary-And-Ed0 have suggested. It's up to you. The difference being, if you put it in as a change to reservation, the price will be recalculated to reflect that and you won't be paid for the one day. If the guest makes the changes, under your cancellation policy you should still be paid for that day. Hope that helps! - Karen