Guest without a confirmed id

Christina816
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Guest without a confirmed id

Hello, 

I am really new at this, I just rented our room for while we are on holidays. I accepted a guest without a confirmed Id and also he has a blurry photo, and no other reviews. I am fricking at a little bit, I think I made a mistake. Do I have the right to ask him to verify his identity? It will make me feel much better. Also, can I cancel the booking? He is supposed to come in two days. Please, let me know what you think. 

3 Replies 3
Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Christina816  if you have instant booking turned on, you may call Airbnb to cancel the booking. Do not cancel the booking by yourself. You will get penalized by canceling the booking yourself.

definitely you can ask the guest to upload his government Id for verification.

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Christina816  You already have one cancellation so another one will not look good.  If you want to go ahead and cancel do it by calling Airbnb and explaining the situation.  You can adjust your booking settings to ensure that future guests have to provide Government ID but really you should also complete your own ID verification process as well.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Christina816  I've accepted plenty of guests who had nothing but an email address, phone number, and a photo. They've all been fine guests. What I go on is how they communicate with me when they send a request (I don't use IB) and how quickly and responsively they message me back if I have questions or let them know I'll be emailing them a map and to please confirm whether they received it.

Just communicate with guests- it can set your mind at ease or make red flags evident.