Guests feedback

Hello,

What do you think about this?

nice conversation.jpg

1 Best Answer
Mika8
Level 10
Zürich, Switzerland

just for info .. also by Swiss housing rules, there are quiet hours from 10pm to 7 or 8am .. and it's not forbidden to take a shower, but more or less allowed only if really necessary (for example you work in a restaurant and came home always late) and also then only as short as possible and it's not allowed to take a bath, as filling a tub makes more noise. This rules are old, where the houses are not so good sound-proofed .. but there are still houses from this decade ... overall mostly it's no problem, but to take care to direct neighbors is nice. 

I had once guests they took showers at 3am for over an hour .. and sorry, but this noise (even it's not so loud) wakes up everyone in nearer distance ... rules came not out of the blue .. rules cames from stupid behaviour 😉 

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Ale113 It seems fine, what's your concern?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ale113  It's unclear what you are asking and we can't tell what's going on from what you posted. And hosts and guests should be communicating through the Airbnb messaging system, not via texting, if possible.

Hello,

I just wanted to know your feelings about this comment. For me it was a little offensive that the only reason why someone comes to my place is because it is cheap. It means that they would like to be in a hotel, not a house, so they will never feel great staying in a house.

Of course, the message has a context. In that case, from the first moment they didn't want to follow the rules. After, they broke the rules, also.

As I don't give the keys, I communicate by Whatz once they are at home. I don't have space for Abnb App in my cell XD.

A.

Hi @Ale113 🙂

Why don't you just offer keys to your guests? 

Hello @Sandra856 

I describe the reasons of our rules in my description. I invite you to have a look ^^

A.

@Ale113 Please note that one of the main motivations that bring guests on Airbnb is cheap prices! Take it easy it's just business.Happy hosting!!!

Yes,

but in some cases I think the cheaper prices is THE ONLY reason u_u

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you don't have room for the Airbnb app on your phone, delete some other non essential apps or upgrade your phone.

It is so important to keep all messaging on airbnb so there is a record.

Also lots of guests stay in Airbnb because it is cheaper - nothing to be offended at.

If you are on the premises I would have just spoken to them about late night noise and followed up with message on Airbnb.

Julie143
Level 10
Princeton, NJ

Which rules did they not want to follow?

Silence 22-8h

Do you mean silence, as in no sound whatsoever, or quiet, as in no loud, annoying noise?

This is not my personal rule, it a country rule.

Anyhow, I describe a little the meaning of this rule in my profile: 

1. Don't ring the bell during these hours, better send a message or call

2. Better don't take the lift and the shower unless it's necessary

3. Use the toilet just if need

4. Talk in low voice (not whisper, but not loud).

5. Better wth Headphones 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ale113  Why would anyone use the toilet if they didn't need to? And you're saying it's a law in Spain that people have to be super quiet from 10 PM to 8 AM? To the point where they can't even take a shower? That seems really strange.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sarah977 @Ale113 

I found more strange rules on the listing, like 1 shower a day, use of iron:  6 Euro per 30 min. and the "interaction with guests" is translated as:

"We will appreciate many samples of education, such as greeting and interchanging four words throughout the day! 🙂  "

Is it the local prison offered here on Airbnb ?