Guests requesting partial refund

Lisa1426
Level 2
Santa Barbara, CA

Guests requesting partial refund

Hi there!  I had 2 guests stay for 2 nights and they sent me a text upon check out stating that they mostly had a good time however there were ants in the kitchen and the toilet got backed up. They are requesting a partial refund.  The pictures were of ants swarming around food that was they left out.  And of course I had the place thoroughly cleaned before they came and there were no ants.  The time stamp of the pictures were the evening before check out.  Also, I left a plunger next to the toilet because the toilet does have a tendacy to back up often.  When I arrived back at the home the toilet was very clean and clear.  Should I give them a refund??  I've had 7 excellent experiences prior to this.  Thank you!!

3 Replies 3
Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

It's a game of review jeapordry. If you were to say buy them bfast for their woes, they may be more likely to forget the problems.

if the toilet backs up regularly get it scoped, if pipe collapses $$$ and no Airbnb. Better to fix it first..

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Lisa1426 ,

Leaving food can attract ants, i would not refund for that. Fix the toilet, so the plunger should not be there at all. Maybe small refund for that as a gesture of good will

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @Lisa1426

Get in touch by phone asap with your local air bnb number.

Explain the situation.

Do not communicate further with these guests let air bnb do ALL the talking etc.

Good luck