Hacked account and Fake Host

Bobby98
Level 2
Jakarta, Indonesia

Hacked account and Fake Host

several days ago i just got email notifcation that i made a reservation at UK(which at the moment i was at my house in jakarta indonesia) which check in date as the day 14 may 2019 and checkout 18 may 2019(same day of the reservation). which is this is not done by me. after check the login history i've found out my some one login from german 2 days before the reservation. after i've check the host i suspect the host is fake. the place and account created mei 2019. and the availability of the place only up until 21 may 2019. 

i have report this to airbnb and their response is only reclaim the account and someone from security team will contact me. up until now no one has been contacting me. and when i check to the call center according to them the case hasn't been assigned to no one. 

my question is how long is the procedure for the team to contacting me?

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNGCapture5.PNG

8 Replies 8
Timi-and-Istvan0
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

I preferred to use Twitter to contact to Airbnbs. The answer will be couple of hours

thanks will try it.

Timi-and-Istvan0
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

Please set on your Airbnb the double Identification.

Timi-and-Istvan0
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

I had similar problem. I changed to double identification on my Airbnb and my email(Gmail) accounts. The problem is solved.

i already have double identification, every time i login i must verify it via email or phone. when my account got hacked it's not even asking for the verification process. that's the one make me confuse.

btw thanks for the info about the twitter. i got mine responded very quickly and airbnb already refund the book

Happy to help !

Brinanda-Lidwina0
Level 2
Leiden, Netherlands

Hi, I just had similiar experience! I reported to Airbnb via the chat and also call them. They say that my case has been brought to the attention of the Airbnb Correction Department. You might also need to call your local bank to submit cancellation of the fraud transaction! Usually the bank can process this type of request faster if you submit all thos pictures and emails and evidences of the scam. Plus, request for a credit card cancellation ASAP, and change your Airbnb password. Check your login history in Airbnb setting, because when I checked mine, there are numerous suspicious login form the USA (PS: I am an Indonesian living in the Netherlands and never visited the USA!!). 

I hope this help, as I am also waiting for my refund claim & scam incident to be processed by Airbnb!!

Carolina796
Level 1
Queenstown, New Zealand

Hi all,

Today I woke up to the same situation.

First thing in the morning I got an email from AIRBNB saying ¨Your reservation is confirmed¨ for somewhere in Latvia and paid in Chinese Yen (I am from New Zealand).

I blocked my card, changes my airbnb password, removed my credit card details from airnbnb.

I could also see that my account had been logged in from China (and US) in the last few days.

I have called 3 times to airnbn Customer Support in NZ and they have said this has been marked as urgent, hopefully tomorrow they will get back to me with a positive answer.