Has Anyone Experienced Listing Details Changing without Your Knowledge or Authorization?!?

Sky-and-Lani0
Level 2
Hawaii, United States

Has Anyone Experienced Listing Details Changing without Your Knowledge or Authorization?!?

Hello Airbnb host community! Have you ever experienced any changes to your listing that you didn’t make or authorize yourself? I’m hoping to know if this has happened to anyone else. Over the past several years, every now and then I notice changes to my listing that I didn’t make. Until recently it was seemingly small things like my Instant Booking option turned off, when I most certainly always want it on, or a listing detail or amenity that was incorrect. When this has happened I’ve made the assumption that it has been a result of some back end changes or updates within Airbnb that somehow triggered little settings to get flipped on or off. This of course has been annoying, but being a busy host I didn’t take up a major concern about it until recently. Again, being a busy host with three listings I manage myself and another three I help co-host, I don’t comb over the details of my listings often, so it was a tremendous shock to me when I eventually realized that a huge discount of 24% had been set on one of my listings for stays over 7 nights. This was a rediculous discount that I never would have set myself, causing a great amount of revenue loss per booking (between $200-$400 per booking). The particular listing this discount effected was one I never encourage longer stays at, because the majority of my guests prefer to stay for shorter stays and I keep my house cleaner employed with more regular cleanings per week. Additionally I would never have set such a large and arbitrary number as 24% as a discount. All evedence to the fact that I would never have set this discount myself. Unfortunately when I took the concern and complaint to Airbnb, I was treated very poorly, with details I won’t go into here, but ultimately Airbnb denied any responsibility of the applied discount and resulting loss in revenue. They also denied any ability to make changes to listings without host consent, which I knew to be untrue due to my prior, less costly listing changes whitnessed, however regrettably not documented, over the past years. That is why I have turned to you, dear hosting community, to see if anyone else has experienced any changes to your listings that you didn’t do yourself or authorize to help give my plea and story more legitimacy.... It’s a David vs Goliath attempt, but I have to at least try... Thank you all! 

4 Replies 4
Oonagh4
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi never anything as bad as this - but I do keep finding that the amenities I list are switched off and I need to set them all up again which is irritating - but not any financial loss! I would be very annoyed if I found a discount set up that I did not authorise!

@Sky-and-Lani0    It has happened to me, IB parameters get turned off, holding address until the grace period has ended gets turned off, and giving a much larger discount than I have indicated resulted in a loss of $634 for a long term stay and $$ on a few other stays.  Airbnb denied culpability and I paid out of my pocket for the shortfall.

Mary3761
Level 2
Wisbech, GB

My current guests have amended their booking to extend from 2 weeks to 4 weeks but my smart pricing has been amended without my knowledge to provide a 34% monthly discount! They have now taken it from the whole booking including the 2 weeks already paid which leaves me with guests for another 2 weeks at a loss. Who on earth can afford a 34% discount? I have taken this up with airbnb but they can only.suggest asking my guests for more money - how embarrassing! I have now cancelled instant booking and smart pricing which means I probably wont get any more bookings if I believe the advice of airbnb.

Sue1737
Level 1
Fishguard, United Kingdom

Yes AirBnB have denied changing my listing. I have had the photos changed on my listing back to original ones that I put up years ago. They have not been at all helpful and basically are suggesting that I did not update them! I employed a professional photographer to take new photos and definitely updated them! So Annoying!