Help! My nightly rates are not correct...

Ginger22
Level 1
South Carolina, United States

Help! My nightly rates are not correct...

Greetings. We are new to Airbnb. We have had two guests so far, and it has been wonderful to host them. When they booked, their nightly rate was correct. HOWEVER, for one particular week in July my room rates are not coming up correct when someone requests to book. When I look at the calendar it clearly states $75-78/night. Yet, when one person requested to book it gave them a weekly total of $287/night. I can see this on my end. When another person requested, it totaled $138 for the week! That's $18/night. What is going on??? I've checked and double checked my settings. Everything is correct on my end. Please help. 

9 Replies 9
Duncan17
Level 2
California

I too want help! Pricing seems broken!

My base daily rate is set to $59 and each day in the calendar is set to $59 and I have smart pricing set to "off" and my discounts are set to zero, yet my room is being quoted at the smart price of $48 and just got automatically booked for 2 months, costing me $660 in lost revenue!

Lynnette3
Level 2
Hamilton, MT

I'm having the same issue with both of my places......the calendar shows $46 a night, and the guest is only being charged $36 !!  No wonder people are re booking so fast, how do we FIX THIS ??

Peggy-J0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

The pricing on my listing shows $70 nightly (which should say $60.) but when they book it comes in at the $60.  The higher pricing is causing me to be skipped over. How or why does the ad list $10.00 more than they are actually charged?

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Ginger

Checkout that you have not set a special monthly price,

1. Goto to the calendar screen

2. click of "Price Settings" on the top of the right side of the screen

3. Click on "Discounts" Just under the monthly Discount box you should see "You can also select a specific 'week' or 'month'"

4. Click on "Month", and see if you a set a special price for a month.

5. Make the appropriate changes if necessary. 

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

THe Explorer's Club Krakow VIII

Marie447
Level 1
Summerhill, PA

Hello;

I am also new to airbnb and my rates are clearly marked at $75 per night yet when I got a current request it is showing a $64 per night rate.  why?

It seems like you are offering a discount of 12 percent. Make sure the discount is turned off. It is psychological and people like discounts and hence display price and selling price are not one and same.

Does anyone from AirBnB ever actually respond or help when you ask questions?? I'm having this same issue and can't find a way to contact AirBnB. My pricing is set for a flat rate, smart pricing is turned off. Yet the listing appears with prices more than double the rate I set. I have checked that special pricing is off too. If there is an answer please let me know!

Just a suggestion. check your settings -- base rate for week days and weekends. I have seen these rates override what is on your calendar. Even when "smart" pricing is off.

Ryan-And-Stacy0
Level 2
Bastimento, Panama

Hi,

It seems there are 2 of us "Ginger's" so I wll go by "Bastigin" OK