Help With Carpet Stains

Answered!

Help With Carpet Stains

Hey guys - a guest of mine last weekend stained one of the permanent carpets in my common area. It's a beige rug and the stain looks like red wine, so it's pretty obvious. Before I charge them for a cleaning fee, is there anything I can do to attempt to remove the stain? I don't want to cause a scene but would defintely like to get this fixed.

1 Best Answer
Adam645
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

Yeah I'll echo what Jason said - club soda and salt work. But seriously, you have to catch it early. That may only work if you get it while it's still wet (cleaning blog source).

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5

Yikes! That sounds horrible. I've always heard that club soda and salt can do wonders for red wine stains if you catch them early. Best of luck!

Adam645
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

Yeah I'll echo what Jason said - club soda and salt work. But seriously, you have to catch it early. That may only work if you get it while it's still wet (cleaning blog source).

@Chris1745:

I tried normal dish detergent on a carpet once. It, surprisingly, got out the red wine stain. While the detergent  did not damage the color on this carpet I am not sure what it may do on other brands.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Chris1745  If the club soda/salt does't work and you want to try a last ditch cleaner, try Resolve, it has gotten stains out that other carpet cleaners didn't even make a dent in. 

You can check out the detailed guide on carpet cleaning here