Help with listing..

Malaika0
Level 1
Ubud, Indonesia

Help with listing..

Hi All would love assistance,

I live in Bali and have just moved to a new place, im trying to list my new place, ive had previous listings also with no street number ..but airbnb now require a house number in the street address " this the airbnb msg that i get " The address you entered is not accurate enough. Try adding a street or house number."

Clearly the person who designed this new feature is not well travelled !

As many places in the world do not have homes with street numbers especially if your place is located in a village in Bali and in the ricefields, or many places in asia, africa, south america for that matter! 

Airbnb will not let me continue to list my space without a number, im considering just making one up- but that could make it even more confusing than not putting a number in.

Help please? and thank you 

9 Replies 9
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You might not have a number but surely you have a house name or a street or road name? Otherwise Airbnb is unable to give the guest an idea of where they will be staying in Bali to use one of your examples. As a guest booking accommodation, I would like more details than just Bali, for starters that would make very hard for me to locate the address and secondly, I like to know a bit about the area I book accommodation albeit information obtained from Google.

You have got to provide a street/ road and a town/ village/ city at the very least.

Ama

Dear All,

I'm living in a small agriculture settlement called Tzofit in the center of Israel. The name of my street is "Hashdera" and the house number is 11. 

I'm trying to list my home but the system don't let me to advance over Step 1. When I'm entering my address and pressing "Next" I receiving a message "The address you entered is not accurate enough. Try adding a street or house number". I tried different forms of my address: Tzofit or Zofit, Hashdera 11 street, Ha-shdera 11 street, Hashdera 11 and others but the system doesn't recognize this address and I keep getting the same message.

What should I do? I would appriciate any help!

Thanks in advance, 

Eldad

Hi Amaris,

Airbnb boasts that it offers cabins, treehoouses, boats, planes, campers/RVs, igloos, lighthouses, yurts, tipis, caves, earthouses, huts, trains and tents. So, no, not every accommodation has a street name.

Also in many parts of the world (including Bali), streets don't necessarily have official names. Or they don't necessarily appear on Google Maps. (Fun fact - until recently, Google Maps didn't include Istiklal Avenue in Istanbul - the shopping and nightlife hub of the largest city in Europe.) 

There is a system to pin the exact location on the map, but we can only reach that after entering an "acceptable" address, which kind of defeats the purpose.   

One technical fault that I've identified is that the messageThe address you entered is not accurate enough. Try adding a street or house number." also appears if you provide TOO MUCH information. For example if your address includes your house name, or a minor side street that Airbnb's database doesn't know about, it will give the same message.

The solution here is to enter a less accurate address, for example only give the main street.

Another fault that I am currently experiencing is that Airbnb thinks it knows where the correct address is, but shows it as the middle of the ocean.

Sophie303
Level 2
Quatre Cocos, Mauritius

I just had the same issue and solved it by entering just one or two letters of my street or town and use one of the suggested addresses. It filled-in the other fields as "Master AirBnb" likes it, then modified the street and finally fine-tuned with the map.

Too bad for the AirBnB guests who will be taken to a wrong place by the address.

But AirBnB is the new God isn't it? So it must be right.

Linda529
Level 1
Meshaw, United Kingdom

I live in rural Devon where we have no numbers or street names, just house names and they can easily be found on google maps, but how do I list the property on airbnb?

Susanna70
Level 1
West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia

I had the same problem. We are in Gili Trawangan, Indonesia and we hardly have street names, let alone numbers for places. I was not able to get through the address set up with my laptop+browser.  Then I installed the Airbnb app on my phone and continued set up with the app. Suddenly no problem whatsoever to put in our location!

Alvaro77
Level 1
Heredia Province, Costa Rica

Hi, i had the same problem and after strugle for a couple of days with this, I just searched in google the name of a main street close by, actually the field is gonna suggest the address when you start typing, and when you have a "valid" address for Airbnb you are gonna be able to access the map and drop the pin in the exact position of your place, I hope that this can help you, regards.

Claire311
Level 1
Llanfachraeth, United Kingdom

I'm also having this problem.  I live on Anglesey in Wales.  I don't have a street name.  I have a property name (no number) and a village name and a postcode.  This is the legal and official name of my place.  And I'm getting the "The address you entered is not accurate enough. Try adding a street or house number." message too.  Grrrr.

I don't seem to find a solution to this problem either. The crazy thing about all this is that there are other properties listed in my village on Airbnb and I don't seem to be able to find any nearby address stored in Airbnb's database.

When I added my listing I chose an address in the city nearby just to be able to put the pin on the exact location, however when I search my village my listing doesn't appear (there are only 149 listings in my location).

I wonder why I couldn't find my village name listen (Taghazout) however it is a possibility on the search function and I can see other listings in this location.
Anyone can help out with this?

Thanks,