Hi everyone, slightly nervous about a possible cancellation.

Heidi125
Level 2
Swarthmore, PA

Hi everyone, slightly nervous about a possible cancellation.

I am supposed to have my second guest tomorrow.   She has paid for 3 nights.   I sent her a message just to check if she is still coming and she has not responded.  Does anyone else check with their guests about whether they are still coming?   I am doing this because if she cancels on the day of her arrival, I will be stuck.  I have a flexible cancellation policy.  If she does not come, I would like to open my time slot up.

I am just seeing if other people check with their guests beforehand and also if she does cancel on the day, does she get her money back for the first night?  Not sure.  Thanks so much!

3 Replies 3
Sharion0
Level 9
Santa Rosa, CA

@Heidi125 Hi Heidi, I message the guest 24 hours prior to check in asking them to reconfirm their arrival time. Most do reconfirm, but occassionally I have some that don't:(. That makes things difficult as I need to work, run errands etc. I have never had anyone no-show. With the flexible policy if the guests cancels on day of arrival, you get paid and they lose out. I did have one guest reserve my room for same day check in, 2 hours later he cancelled through Airbnb, I was paid, however the next day I received the message to review the guest. I called airbnb customer service and explained that I was concerned he would review me badly as he paid for a night he didn't use. The thing is if he had requested I would have refunded him. Airbnb told me this has come up quite a bit in their meetings and he noted on my account to delete any review from this guest, he has 2 more days to review, I'll see what happens:).  

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

Hi @Heidi125

I have been messaging my guests on the morning of their arrival day, just a chatty informal greeting telling them what the weather is like here and asking them to drive safe on the roads. They all reply to this and give me a rough estimate of their arrival 🙂 is there a chance your guest could be in transit somewhere. Hoping all will be well for you and you have a lovely time hosting.

Heidi125
Level 2
Swarthmore, PA

Okay, great.  Thank you.  This is all good to know.  I did hear from her and she confirmed she is coming.  Yes, I think I will message them 24 hours in advance as not only do I want to know if they are coming, but if they do cancel, I want to free up my day as they will be staying at my home.  

Thank you for your responses.  To having a second guest!  I am looking forward to it.