Hi there!

Zenaida12
Level 2
Granada, ES

Hi there!

I am receiving lot of inquiries but in the end just an inquiry., no reservations happen. It is just annoying asking lot of questions and leave you waiting if they do the reservation., because you allready answered their doubts., but just wasting your time to nothing.

16 Replies 16
Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Hi @Zenaida12 ,

That must be frustrating. Have you looked at the statistics of your listing to see if you are higher price or what else is getting booked in your area?

You can also reach out to the guests and ask what made them not book. Not everyone will answer, but there's never any harm in asking. 

Yours, 

Solveig 

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

It’s probably people sending lots of inquiries  , hoping that due to low season, hosts will be desperate enough to offer lower rates. If you’re not interested in lowering your rate, I don’t think there is much point in contacting them to ask why they didn’t book. 

@Zenaida12  You could at least try completing your listings and thoroughly filling out the text sections, so that guests have more to go on when deciding whether the place is right for them.

For example, your listing(s) appear to be private rooms in a shared house, but it's impossible to get any sense of what the household environment is like because you don't say how many people live there, whether spaces are shared with just the host(s) or also other guests, etc.  As a guest I would personally not choose a home with such a vague listing, especially with so few reviews. It really does help to communicate more in your listing and also - in shared-home listings - to let more of your own personality come through. 

" I am a Filipina so you dont have to worry or theres nothing to worry about" -  This actually sounds a little creepy. Perhaps instead, share something about your interests and culture, give an impression of whether you're an interactive host or one that keeps to yourself. 

Ha ha ' exactly I am going to change it further soon. Thanks fo for your nice concern., I'm in a learning process hehehehe 😄😅

@Zenaida12    I looked and there is little in way of a description, one listing has no description. You could add a more detailed description and incorporate answers to questions guests have asked, including in things to note.  The more detailed the description the less guest's will need to ask. Of course it could just be trolls I have had a few of those they often appear in the same time-frame, their questions are usually bizarre.

Thank you Angel ❤️💖♥️😘💋

Be patient. Some people ask questions long before they have made travel arrangements, so they may not have an airline ticket and cannot book for specific dates. they may have to wait for permission to leave work, so that delays plans also. Since they are attempting to find the best place for themselves, answering their questions helps them make a decision. When you show interest in them and offer advice, they feel you will be helpful and welcoming. Think of those questions as a job interview. If they like your answers you get the job of hosting them. Hosting takes some effort and much patience, so answering those questions is good practice for hosting.

Thank you so much Donna for a good advice ❤️💖💕

I will soon learn many things and experience makes us richer in knowledge too' Yes it's true patience is a must in hosting.' well in any field of work hehe 😘😘😘

Carol-Ann17
Level 2
Cambridge, NZ

I am having a similar problem with a particular guest. Many, many questions. and quite ridiculous ones:

can they check in early? I said yes, 2pm (usual check in is 4pm, but I will be home that day) Then: can they use the kitchen at midday on the day they arrive? i.e. before check in. No!

can one of them sleep on the sofa? no, but I have an another room: sent a special offer that includes the extra room for a mere $15 which she has had several questions about and then let the offer lapse.

as well as other questions about whether I provide salt, oil etc in kitchen, what time can they have breakfast, do i provide other meals (  all info is there in my listing)

Immediately after the offer elapsed she sent three messages which don't make sense. I think she wants me to re-send the offer, but I am having a bad feeling about this. 

Can I just ignore her messages without penalty?

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Carol-Ann17 

You just know some guests are going to be a pain in the bottom and this is one of them.

If its an inquiry and not a reservation request, all you have to do is respond once which you have, so yes you can ignore it.

Well there are really guests like that' maybe they are just aware of everything. It is their right to ask and be answered nicely but sometimes we hosts cannot control our moods hehe

And we just feel that it's annoying 

But in real sense it is their right' they are looking for a comfortable place for them since they are staying in a house and not in a hotels.

It's a hard work for a host but we don't have choice' we're in need hehehehe 

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Zenaida12, I looked at one of your listings, and as others have said, there is no information there, so people don't know anything about your place other than by the photos.

I would complete the listings with descriptions, summaries, rules, neighborhood info, etc.  Take a look at some of our listings to get an idea of some of the things you can add.

Once you do this, people can read for themselves and decide if they want to book without having to contact you to ask a lot of questions.

Thank you' John

It's a good advice., thanks so much. Happy holidays to all airbnb community. May the year 2020 makes a good start in climbing stairs to the top' I'm glad that I am one God bless us all with good health, good attitude and blessed us with golden wisdom and more knowledge to continue our daily tasks for living... Again my warm regards to everyone and each of us. ♥️💖❤️💕

@Zenaida12, happy hosting in 2020!