Hi, what do you do about an unfair star rating

Ruth132
Level 1
Amroth, United Kingdom

Hi, what do you do about an unfair star rating

I recently hosted a couple, who said I hadn’t told them it was a sofa bed & they said it was old and shabby, which is untrue. I actually bought it brand new 8 months ago. They were totally unfair, and gave 2stars . There are pictures on my website of the double sofa bed 

5 Replies 5
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Ruth132  

I can find no mention or photo of a sofa bed on either listing, one listing is for 2 single beds and the other listing is for a double and a single bed.

Ruth132
Level 1
Amroth, United Kingdom

I have 3 listings, 2 bedrooms & 1 annex with sofa bed and self catering facilities 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

I only see two listings and don't see anything about a sofa bed either, which if I thought I was getting a regular double bed and found it was a fold down sleeper sofa, I would probably be ticked off as well.

Ruth132
Level 1
Amroth, United Kingdom

It’s been paused as I’m so upset, it’s a annex, self catering with double sofa bed in lounge area. I have not misled anyone.   

@Ruth132  What you do is move on. A critical comment on your sofa-bed is not a violation of the Content Policy so there's no reason for Airbnb to censor it. Star ratings are always subjective, but they're quickly diluted by other ratings if this particular guest's experience was an outlier. 

There's nothing fair about a star rating system with no clarity or consistency about what the ratings actually mean. But if the guest was genuinely uncomfortable in the sofabed, I wouldn't dismiss the feedback outright.