Hidden Cameras..What??

Kathleen234
Level 2
Liberty, MO

Hidden Cameras..What??

I am new to Airbnb as a guest. A friend just told me that many Host use hidden cameras in their house/propterties. I have read where they are suppose to "disclose" this fact to their renters. Is there any way Airbnb checks this? And YUCK..to think I'm being watched as I snuggle with my husband watching tv. That is just creepy!!

Now I'm getting lots of people telling me they would never rent a place from Airbnb because of this issue. Isn't this an evasion of privacy? What are guest options to help in locating hidden cameras? What do I do if I find a hidden camera that was not disclosed? Call 911? The Police?

I am so second quessing this whole renting someone's house thing. Maybe I should just keep to hotels. I would like to hear from any quest who have had issues with hidden cameras please.

Just when I was getting excited about a cute place on the beach..this sucks!!

15 Replies 15
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Ive never heard such crap Im afraid your friend talks to much, has she ever stayed in an Airbnb or is this just some other friend told? Chinese wispers 

Can you provide one shread of evidance to back up your claim?

I have a high end condo there is cameras everywhere and it seems most of my guest are happy we have 24 hour security