Hosting and Experience - Turn off instant booking

Theo45
Level 2
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hosting and Experience - Turn off instant booking

Hallo,

I'm new to Airbnb. 

I am hosting an experience with instant booking currently turned on.

How can I turn off this feature?

I can't find the option in booking settings?

Is it even possible to turn of instant booking for an experience?

I don't feel comfortable just accepting anybody.

6 Replies 6
Elizabeth429
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Theo45,

I dont know about the Experience feature, but with hosting go to Booking Settings and the click on the very first option there How guests can book?

Theo45
Level 2
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Thank you for the response Elizabeth, but I am specifically talking about experience hosting

Cinderella1
Level 1
Haaltert, Belgium

Today I put my appartment on Airbnb and this evening I get already a booking for next saterday. I didn't now that instant booking. I cannot host them on saterday. So I like to cancel, but I see that I need to pay a penalty then. Is there something that I can do?

@Cinderella1  It's never a good idea to cancel a reservation. The penalties for canceling this reservation include not being a Superhost for a year, getting a public review that shows you canceled, paying a cancellation fee, and having the canceled nights blocked on your calendar. Why do you need to cancel? Maybe there is an alternative. 

Thank you Letitia, I didn't know that instant booking was on and I didn't expect a reservation soo quickly.

I sent an email to the guys who are comming, but they didn't anwser yet.

Natalie421
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

The same thing has happened to me, I just put up my listing and got two back to back instant bookings. I didn’t realize I was on instant bookings as I’m new to all this. Can I call airbnb and explain? I want all my first guests to have a great experience but this is too much too soon. I need time to clean and I didn’t have my settings right to allow for that.