Hosting in Spanish

Al50
Level 1
Breckenridge, CO

Hosting in Spanish

I own a home in Costa RIca but I dont speak fluent spanish.  Does AirBNB off a spanish listing platform?

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

I don't understand the question. So i try some possible answers:

- You can change the language of the airbnb interface to Espagnol (at the bottom-left of most pages)

- you can add an extra language to your listing, so they appear also in spanish language

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1580/how-do-i-translate-my-listing-description

- You can choose a local airbnb website, like https://www.airbnb.es/

Also guests viewing your listing can use the "translate" option.

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Al50,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I could see that @Emiel1 has given some tips and tricks that you could potentially try. Thank you for that Emiel :-). 

Could you let us know if this worked out for you Al? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Al50 Hi! Airbnb translates their booking app into lots of languages. Whatever the guest language is, they change the app to their language. I have Chinese guest that stay with me and when I change the app to Mandarin, the Chinese guest reviews pop up first in the order and my whole listing is automatically translated in their language. Even the messages between you and the guest are translated. 

Good Luck !

’You know it’s hard out here for a host’ 

Pablo274
Level 2
San Jose, Costa Rica

Hi, You can always also look for co-hosts that could help you in the lcoal language. My 2 cents.

HannahyMartín0
Level 4
Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica

Hello,

We have been hosting for over a year in the Pacafic coast of CR and our Airbnb is in English, but my boyfriend speaks fluent Spanish and I speak some, we have listed on our profile that our languages are Spanish and English. Of all of our guests, we have recieved a few bookings/messages in Spanish as the rest are written to us in English. I wouldn’t let this stop you from hosting. Its a good gesture to learn some of the language to speak to future guests from countries of mainly spanish speaking people, but also its good to give your guests insight into the language if its new to them. 

Pura vida

Hannah