Hosting

Answered!
Trevor226
Level 1
Conwy, United Kingdom

Hosting

how do I avoid running out of time (and losing favour with ABNB admin) when discussions (emails) run out of the allotted 24hrs?

TIA

1 Best Answer
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Trevor226 

if it was just an INQUIRY and you answered by text than you are ok.

If it was a REQUEST to book then you have to decline it or accept it within 24 h. If your guest doesn't answer your questions then you just decline. By declining a request from time to time doesn't matter. If would if you would decline many of them in a row or within a short period of time.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Trevor226 

if it was just an INQUIRY and you answered by text than you are ok.

If it was a REQUEST to book then you have to decline it or accept it within 24 h. If your guest doesn't answer your questions then you just decline. By declining a request from time to time doesn't matter. If would if you would decline many of them in a row or within a short period of time.

Trevor226
Level 1
Conwy, United Kingdom

Many thanks..............................

Airbnb should protect more the hosts and ask the host for any bad reviews or problems. They try a lot of guests to book my appartment in Athens Greece for more than a month etc. I explain that I don't rent long term or if I rent they go through the Airbnb. So it was one guest who try all the time to book the house and pay outside Airbnb and because I say no he sends bad reports  etc and try to harm my good reviews. They should be several bad reviews and not if one or two guests are not happy to damage the super hosts......  We can not have everybody happy.

@Χριστιανα0  I'm not sure what you are talking about. There are no bad reviews on your profile-they are all good. 

They are all good but the Airbnb Policy has to change a bit and see for a bad review if is the host the real problem... Some guests they come for a day or two and make bad reviews for others in Greece because they get paid for other hosts nearby to spoil the good reviews. It is a great problem.

@Χριστιανα0   One thing you can do before accepting a booking is to not only look at the guest's reviews, but click on the profile of the hosts that left those reviews. Then scroll down the host's reviews to find the review the guest left for his past hosts. 

If you see that the guest has left bad reviews for other hosts, when all the other reviews for that host are good, that tells you a lot about the guest and you then know to decline a booking from them.

And as Helen says, flag the accounts of guests who try to book off-platform. If you can get all the other hosts you know to do that, too,  these types of people will have their accounts closed. Airbnb really caters to guests in most regards, but trying to avoid paying Airbnb fees by booking off-platform is something they do crack down on.

That is very corrupted to do so, but if the guests have a conscious they can reject that offer even if they try to pay them.

You can report guests that try and pay off the platform and you can contact Airbnb and ask them to block the guest so they can't contact you again @Χριστιανα0 

They pay in the platform and they come as guests but they are friends of other owners or they send from hotels who pay them to go around in Greece to make bad reviews