House Manual vs. House Rules

Answered!
Laura2596
Level 2
Coudersport, PA

House Manual vs. House Rules

I had a guest check out and it seems they did not read and/or follow the check out instructions on the House Manual I left in clear sight. Is failure to follow the House Manual the same as failure to follow the House Rules when I leave a guest review?

1 Best Answer

@Laura2596   Technically,  in airbnb-speak, no, especially if you are looking for reimbursement.  But, you can still write a review and mention their behavior. For future, you could write in your rules that "guests must read and abide by the house manual",  if they don't then they have broken your rules.

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Laura2596 

It is not the same. Houserules are mentioned in the listing and guests much accept them at time of booking. So they can not be missed. BTW The excistance of a House manual is not mentioned in the listing.

Best regards,

Emiel

Isn't the house manual now included in reservation details/sent to the guests now?

@Emiel1 @Fully agree - and even if you put in a house rules that each and every house rule must be accepted and adhered to then it won't happen, nor will AirBnB side with you. Let's be honest - who goes on holidays and spends their time reading through house manuals. Some I've seen are like War and Peace. Keep it simple for guests - the morning before they leave just call them to remind them to do 4 things...etc

@Laura2596   Technically,  in airbnb-speak, no, especially if you are looking for reimbursement.  But, you can still write a review and mention their behavior. For future, you could write in your rules that "guests must read and abide by the house manual",  if they don't then they have broken your rules.

Does airbnb allow you to ask for a reimbursement if it there were check out instructions in the house rules that the guest ignored, if you don't explicitly lay out the consequences for them?  Or otherwise break house rules? IE If my house rules says "leave the door locked and close/lock the windows upon check out," and the guest does not can I request X amount of money (20, 40, 100 dollars, whatever), and expect AirBnB to take it from the guest? 

@Laura2596 No - and the logic is good. You are not allowed to fine people as you have suffered no loss. If your place was burgled due to their omission that would be a completely different story. 

Anthony801
Level 2
Chipstead, United Kingdom

Hi everyone.

I would like my house manual to have images... can i have a link to a downloadable .pdf file?

You can also check out our 3 new templates to creat your perfect house manual. Creat your own unique manual with our help. No software needed! Edit online on a computer, easy to use and  save as a PNG High Quality, JPG, PDF print/standard files. Print at home or have printed! Please follow the link : https://www.etsy.com/shop/NicedesignsCreations?ref=seller-platform-mcnav