How do I notify potential guests of temporary construction on the property?

Catherine103
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

How do I notify potential guests of temporary construction on the property?

The pool in my apartment complex is being resurfaced in June and that will take three weks. Any suggestiosn on how to notify potential guests when they look at my listing? Shall I just add a ** June 3-23 pool will be closed for resurfacing ** type of notice in my listing description?

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Catherine103  Yes, say that prominently in the listing, maybe the first thing, not buried somewhere. Also caption the photo of the pool "Pool unavailable June 3-23rd." And be sure to message all guests who are wanting to book for this time period right away to make that clear and get a message back from them that they are clear and okay with this.

You might also want to offer a discount during this time. That would be a good way to get prospective guests to notice it in your listing info (guests always like discounts) "Discount offered June 3rd-23rd as pool will be unavailable for use due to resurfacing".

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Catherine103 

I would include something in your pictures. Maybe a picture of the sign saying the pool will be closed.  I like the idea of a discount for the days  while the pool is closed.