How do I report a guest?

Answered!
Audrey233
Level 2
New York, NY

How do I report a guest?

My guest trashed the property. Left food everywhere with flies and maggots, removed and discarded the smoke alarm, broke the oven door, had many guests(only paid for four)had an infant and toddler at property(not supposed to be anyone under 12) left all pots and pans dirty in the oven, ect... How do I report them and get the deposit held against the credit card? Also have to get extra cleaning people in. There aare many more complaits. Thank you

1 Best Answer
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Audrey233 You need to call AirBnB before next guest and document everything within the AirBnB messaging system to guest. Also you will need photos and quotes/receipts to repair items and actual receipts for items damaged in many cases. You need to send a request for money to the guests then it gets escalated to AirBnB when the guests refuse to pay and they will. From what I have read most people do not get reimbured for damages from AirBnB they end up eating the costs. This is why you need commercial insurance that cover STR's.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Audrey233 You need to call AirBnB before next guest and document everything within the AirBnB messaging system to guest. Also you will need photos and quotes/receipts to repair items and actual receipts for items damaged in many cases. You need to send a request for money to the guests then it gets escalated to AirBnB when the guests refuse to pay and they will. From what I have read most people do not get reimbured for damages from AirBnB they end up eating the costs. This is why you need commercial insurance that cover STR's.

Hi Letitia, thank you for responding. I am fairly new to the community and wasn't sure how to approach the situation. I don't know the phone number to call AirBnB , if you can supply me with that information that would be greatly appreciated. I have many photos on my and I am getting receipts and prices on repairs. Also I already sent the request to the guest for damages and wrote my review accidently giving them a star for cleanliness. I thought AirBnB would transfer the security deposit that is held on the credit card. Is that not the case? 

Thank you, Audrey

@Audrey233 AirBnB does not actually collect a security deposit. They will on occasssion let you bill against it, usually only if the guest admits to the damage and agrees to pay. Otherwise it's a crap shoot if you'll get any of it at all.

Hi @Letti0 we’re new here, what is this additional insurance you speak of? We started hosting 6 months ago and will soon get very busy, I’m a little worried about guests breaking rules and some things have already been broken. Thanks!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need home insurance for short term lets @Laura4730 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Audrey233  Here you go:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

Hi Letitia. Thank you for all of your helpful information. As of May 10th(yesterday) my guest agreed to wire me partial payment for damages. I really didn'texpect him  to take responsability. I still have to repair or replace the garage door that was backed into and replace the towels, washclothes and hand towels that are gone. Do you think that the 200.00 dollars held on the guests credit card can be retrieved at this point? I haven't used the phone numbers that you sent me as of yet.

Thank you,

Audrey