How to change a late approval with no fee

Lily239
Level 1
San Diego, CA

How to change a late approval with no fee

I was not aware a fee would be assessed to me the host by adding dates (adding a day) and the site is not forward in this. Also, there is confusion in the hostee on. How to make these changes themselves as I believe they are assessed a different fee. 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lily239 

Changing a reservation does not change the "fee system". Fees are charged as percentages on the amount calculated, so they change accordingly when lenght of trip is extended or shortened.

Be aware when changing reservations originally having some kind of discount (like weekly) on them, calculation of new booking price can fail, so allways check the amounts calculated.

Best regards,

Emiel

Correct. When a guest requests a modification (or I make one) I have to calculate my new total including the cleaning fee since Airbnb doesn't do it. From that total Airbnb will take the credit card fee. But they should charge the guest a booking fee based on the new total.

So the best way to figure it out is look at the final total you will get before you finalize. Then adjust the rate until the payout is correct for the new reservation and includes the cleaning fee.