How to respond an unfair review and first

İlayda0
Level 2
Düsseldorf, Germany

How to respond an unfair review and first

For the first review I just got, I believe that it is unfair. Could you suggest any respond to that so it at least explains itself.

The host said this "Ilayda and her friend are nice guests. Not very talkative but that is absolutely no problem. Despite the review of the previous hostess they do not know (yet) what the trash can in the room is meant for."

At first I dont understand, how much talkative did we need to be since we came to the city to go to beach and relax. For example, of course we behaved nice and did the etiquette rules.  Even when we were sitting in the garden, we asked questions about the city to him. 

Secondly, I totaly didnt understand the las sentence. I dont have previous hostess. And I am sure we didnt leave any trash behind us. But I dont know if he was referring the time he entered our room to put towels when we were away at the beach. Because our stuff was untidy as we were going to the beach early in the morning and we didnt want to clean it that time.

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

A host shouldn't be entering your room while you are staying (unless he agreed with you in advance that he would replace towels).

Personally I don't care if guests are a little messy during their stay as long as they tidy up before I leave.

Contact Airbnb and the host and see if he maybe mistook you for another guest.

Yes actually it is not mentioned on the description that he will enter the room during the stay and tidy up the space and change the towels.

And he is just not answering now. 

@İlayda0  It's not necessary to write a response to this review. But if you want to do so anyway, I guess you could write to the host to ask what he meant about the trash can. That way, you could at least establish the context of the remarks.

I wrote him and he is not replying. Funny till he got his money he was replying in a minute

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@İlayda0  I wouldn't be concerned about the part where the host mentioned not being talkative. No hosts are going to see that as a negative- some guests are chatty and some aren't, it's none of the host's business to criticize that, unless the guest acts like talking to the host is some huge bother.

As far as the trash is concerned, if you left the place clean when you checked out, I can't see why the host would say that- did you leave it clean, or was there a bunch of garbage not in the bin when you left?