I can't seem to find any way of contacting Airbnb to resolve silly mistake

Brigid2
Level 2
Waternish, United Kingdom

I can't seem to find any way of contacting Airbnb to resolve silly mistake

A guest was supposed to arrive last last for two nights stay.

They phoned to say that their girlfriend had had a strongly allergic reaction to the local insects (midges) and had had to rush to the nearest hospital (27 miles away). They had changed their plans and felt they needed to stay near the hospital and were leaving the area in the morning.

I said that I would refund them half the money they had paid, as this was unfortunate and beyond their control.

So, on my phone - which I find less clear than using the laptop - I went to cancel the booking and to reimburse the guest. I thought that if I cancelled the booking that I may get a last minute booking for the second night, to cover the cost.

Anyway - I obviously did not know about the penalty a host pays for cancelling a booking.

And things went from bad to worse - because as I scanned down the list of reservations hurriedly, I found the name of the guest (Marine - which is the first time I've heard this as a name) and followed the cancellation instrustions - and before I knew it, it was done. Leaving me with the issue of how to refund only half the money.

Anyway, it turned out that I had cancelled the wrong guests booking - as amazingly enough, two 'Marine's' had booked with me.

Now I am stuck with a penalty, I will lose my superhost status, a block on the calendar, and no way of contacting anyone on airbnb to resolve this silly mistake.

How do I actually make any contact with Airbnb?

1 Reply 1
Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Did you search this forum?

This is the most commonly asked question.

Here's your guide:

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M23397