I don't know what to do

Sylvain152
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

I don't know what to do

A guy book with us for 4 days ago and the next day after he booked my rooms my neigbor's son throw a stone to my window and breaks the window  glass of of one of my room. I sent a text the person who book the rooms two days prior to his checking date  that I won't have 2 rooms available but only one rooms and will be best for him to cancel his booking but he didn't respond, I even call him 3 times no response. He supposed to checking today, he still haven't returned my call or respond to my messages. What if he shows up to my house what do I need to do?

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sylvain152,

Why not (let) repair the window glass  ?

But anyway, the guy did not respond to your messages, so he has to deal with situation. Otherwise you can contact Airbnb and explain situation. Maybe they can relocate the guest.

Contact Airbnb - A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

Best regards,

Emiel

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sylvain152  There's been a couple times that guests didn't respond to my messages at all and they were due to arrive the next day. I contacted Airbnb and they were able to reach the guest and tell them they needed to respond to my messages. One time it turned out the guest had been really busy, the other time the guest wasn't receiving any notifications from Airbnb, so it wasn't her fault at all.

Airbnb will try to get in touch with the guest for you.

But I also don't understand- you've had 3 days to replace the window glass, it's not a big complicated job, unless it's some huge picture window.

Thanks, how do contact aibnb.

@Sylvain152   The ways to contact Airbnb are in a big post near the top of the first page of this Help forum, I think it's the third pinned post. You can also go into your account to the guest's reservation and find a link to get help with that reservation.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Your issue, your cancellation.  It is not the guest's issue that your window was broken.  You should have immediately contacted Air BNB to request the cancellation due to unsuitability of the space.  That being said, how come you can't get a broken window fixed?