I have a booking from a client who joined Airbnb in 2016 but has no profile photo.

Answered!
Nelly199
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

I have a booking from a client who joined Airbnb in 2016 but has no profile photo.

I want to know why a confirmed booking does not reveal the clients photo

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nelly199  Because Airbnb no longer requires it. But you can. You should state the requirement for a clear face photo in your listing, and if the guest doesn't already have one, you can request that he send you one or upload to the site.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nelly199  Because Airbnb no longer requires it. But you can. You should state the requirement for a clear face photo in your listing, and if the guest doesn't already have one, you can request that he send you one or upload to the site.

Thank you!  I'm just a little suspucious about this booking.  She is from the same suburb as our first booking for 10 girls but they bought their boyfriends and had a lovely party all weekend.

Thanks I'll take your advise. Nelly too!

@Nelly199  Then, given your wariness, I'd not only request a photo, but also ask the guest the purpose of their visit, and reiterate the no parties and no unbooked guests rules (I assume you have those on your listing). If she ends up lying about the purpose of her stay, then you'll have a message trail to show Airbnb.

Thank you, I have made that clear in my emails to her.  It's a pre-bridal party, I just want to see her face to check her out on other social media forms - too be sure, too be sure.  Thank you I appreciate your help.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nelly199  OMG, pre-bridal party. Better hide the good towels and have lots of make-up wipes provided and a "no glitter" rule 🙂

Nelly199
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

You are my hero, do have all that. BUT may install black pillowcases. I'll let you know how I go, end of September booking so lots of time to prepare. Thanks xx