I'm new i have an air b and ber that booked for 17 days and after a 4 days has cancelled

Wanda19
Level 1
Saint George's, Canada

I'm new i have an air b and ber that booked for 17 days and after a 4 days has cancelled

The money has been sent to me and then transfered to my mother.  My air B & B person says he my have to potentially cancel. What do I do as the host wait for him to cancel? Replace the money do I send him a refund and how does air b& b give back their portion?

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

At this point, you do nothing.  Your guest must process this own cancellation.  Absolutely DO NOT cancel on your guest's behalf - you will be subject to steep penalties.

Once you guest cancels the remainder of their reservation, Airbnb will process any and all amounts they may be entitled to per your cancellation policy.  Since you have already receive the full pay-out, Airbnb will deduct the refund portion from your future payout(s). 

You don't need to worry about issuing a refund yourself - Airbnb will take care of all the finances.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Wanda19

Please look at Aibnb's help section and read up on cancellations. If you don't you can find yourself getting into trouble if you as a host cancel or try and refund a guest outside of BNB.

You also need to check on your own cancellation policy as how much money you will keep will depend on your policy.