I need help with a guest issue

BandE-Vacation0
Level 1
Las Vegas, NV

I need help with a guest issue

So my guest is staying for one night and the guest has no problem with our place until the morning came and the property maintenance is making a lot of noise so we end up getting a 1 star because of it. this is not our property so we do not control the issue nor did we know about it. Are we at fault? do we deserve a bad review for something that was just out of our hands?

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@BandE-Vacation0 

If it is not your property and you do not know about the (scheduled ?) property maintenance, how can you be a host ? BTW I do not see any review in your profile. If something is not under your control, the at least warn the guests upfront about it.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I have the same questions as @Emiel1 , @BandE-Vacation0 .  

Also, can you check to see whether this noisy maintenance will recur? If so, you will want to tick the box that says "potential for noise" on your listing. It won't stop every low-star review, but at least then it will be truly undeserved. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@BandE-Vacation0  If by "it's not our proprety" you mean that you are co-hosting or property managing for someone, for the purposes of Airbnb, yes, it is your property even if you don't own it yourself. The listing is yours, so yes, when guests have an issue there, it's on you. As are the reviews- do you honestly think guests shouldn't be able to leave a review detailing problems with their stay simply because you don't own the property? If you are managing this property, then you need to keep yourselves informed about what might be going on there or planned re building construction or other disruptions,  then you either let the guests know that there is a potential for noise and offer them the option of cancelling, or do something to make things right for them or make sure they fully understand how noisy it might be and that theycan't decide to keep the booking and then complain after the fact if they have chosen to come as planned..