I overpaid my reservation

Mutia0
Level 1
Special Capital Region of Jakarta, Indonesia

I overpaid my reservation

I just booked reservation for an apartment in Osaka, Japan, for 16th-17th Feb 2018.

There has been an error with the payment system and i ended up being charged 3 times for 1 night booking only.

I have contacted the host to resolve the issue, but they haven't reply.

Is there any contact point from AirBnB that I can reach to resolve this?

Thank you

Regards,

Muti

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mutia0  The host doesn't get paid until after the guest checks in. Airbnb has your $ at this point, not the host, and the host cannot resolve this, although it would be nice if they responded to you. (Remember, many hosts are busy people and/or don't have instant access to the technology to answer you immediately- be patient on that).

Sometimes there are technical glitches in the system. One of my guests got charged 3 times what she was supposed to. Like you, she immediately messaged me- I told her I had already noticed that my future payout was also 3 times what it should have been. As I am an honest person, I immediately notified airbnb. So did she. It was resolved.

You, the guest, need to contact airbnb (not this forum) to deal with this. Type in the search box on this site "Contacting airbnb support". If the host does answer you, ask them to please check to see if they see a future payout amount for your booking that is higher than it should be, and if so, to also please report it to airbnb.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Start with Airbnb, @Mutia0. At this point it has nothing to do with the host - use Twitter @AirbnbHelp or the form: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/

Or you will find a pinned post in the Help section how to do it:
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

B4131F62-8E44-4B0A-82BD-46F3291A03D1.jpeg

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Rene-and-Zac0-

The guest is in Indonesia so providing U.S. contact details unfortunately won't be of too much help to her.

However she has been directed to other ways of getting local contact details in the posts above yours.