I recently find my bookings rate low

Nikolas38
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

I recently find my bookings rate low

Hi everyone 1 month ago my booking rate dropping, i'm not sure exactly why, I spoke to my friend about this issue she also said she is having the same problem but we have different type of listings, have anyone recently experienced any issue with their booking rate.

3 Replies 3
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Nikolas38 it could be seasonal or the competition might be increasing. You could add some photos, change up your listings a bit, offer something new and see how it goes. Good luck! 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Nikolas38   Given you have multiple listings and over 300 reviews, I would imagine you are very well aware of season fluctuations.  Are you updating your listings on a continuous basis?  By that I mean, making sure the pictures are updated, tweaking the descriptions, adding new amenities, reviewing your rate structure.  I think that some hosts are doing so well that they adopt the "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" strategy.  Makes sense but also the system seems to react to activity for your listing in terms of searching.

Also, there is a section of this CC in which local discussions are posted.  Perhaps you can look at your area to see if there are discussions.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nikolas38  I don't pay any attention to the booking rate myself. It really tells me nothing, as it is just a ratio of views to bookings. There can be all kinds of reasons why your listing is viewed but not booked that have nothing to do with anything you should or could change to get a higher booking rate. For instance, when a host is active on this forum, other hosts might view your listing before responding to your post, so they can give informed advice if you have a question. There are also plenty of people who enjoy "armchair traveling", just looking at listings and fantasizing about taking a trip to Rome or Vancouver, or Thailand, without actually having any immediate plans to do so. And some areas are so saturated with listings that you might get hundreds of views a day for the same listing for the same dates and of course, only one of those guests can actually book those dates.

What is important to me is that I get booked enough to bother continuing to host, and that I get nice, appreciative guests.