INBOX

Traci13
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

INBOX

Hello,

I am new to Air bnb, but the last two conversations I have clicked on my inbox and am having a hard time having the message show. I am wonderig if anyone else is having these technical difficulties.  I am trying to see what my potential guests have to say and can't read it.

Best, 

Trace 

20 Replies 20
Renee69
Level 2
Nederland, CO

I can't respond to guest requests on my laptop or my phone.

Susan263
Level 2
Joshua Tree, CA

I was having the ever dreadful Internet problem and thought the Inbox wasn't loading due to that.  Turns out, my Internet is fully restored but I'm uanble to view Inbox messages and/or "message history".    The page pulls up, but it's completely blank.  

The inbox issue I was able to get around by utilzing my phone and the sub-par app for communication with a potential guests.    Viewing message history on another booking........... still waiting.

Trace, is that similar to what you're experiencing?  

~Susan

Susan, that is what is happening to me....open inbox or message history and it is just blank.

I cannot access my messages either? I click on messages and it just spins. I cannot approve guests?

Perhaps a problem with the site?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Traci13@Sascha24@Susan263@Renee69,

Lovely to meet you.

I am sorry to hear your experiencing difficulties with your inbox. Can I check what browsers are you using? 

Thanks and hope to speak with you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Safari 9.1  was my problem child.  Interesting, I checked my laptop which is running 10.0.1 and has no problems with the inbox.  With that discover I've updated my Brower and presto... I'm back in business.  

~Susan  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Fantastic news @Susan263. Thanks so much for the update. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I'm having the same problem.  For the last couple of days I can't see messages on the PC.  I know it's there, but when i click on it, i get a blank message page .  I'm using Explorer 11.  My husband is running Foxfire and it works just fine on his PC.  He says it's a Javascript error.   Help!

thanks,

Carol **

@Carol0 - Using Safari all was fine one day and then not.  For me, the upgrading of my browser to the most current version fixed the issue.  My recommenation is to check IE for any updates and install them.  If that doesn't work (which I'm feeling it will) consider installating another brower to utilze.  FireFox or Chrome.  I'm not a big fan of multiple browsers myself but have had to do such things in the past... like when USPS wouldn't work with Safari only Firefox.  Hassle yes, but more importantly was getting my work done.

Hope this help - browser update cured my wowes, maybe it will yours too.  ~Susan

I am having this same inbox problem.  What can I do?  Is there a solution?

This is connected to my previous message.  I use both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Diana138
Level 2
Henderson, TN

I started having problems last night during a protential reservations and it is so frustrating not to read any messages from a guest to be.....guess I will be loosing business.   I think I am using a Microsoft browser.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Diana138 and @Rick42,

Great to meet you both. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this with you inbox. As you can see other hosts have had a similar issue to you, however I believe everyone has managed to resolve this either by changing their browser, I would recommend using Chrome if you aren't already, update any updates that your browser needs (if any) and also try clearing your cache. Take a look above at @Susan263's reply about this.

Let me know how you get on. Fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Cashe cleared, all updated and still nothing. 

I am not changing my browser, I work on Safari. 

Airbnb should solve this!