In the "Amenities" section, how do I add a local amenity which isn't known to Google maps?

Philip90
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

In the "Amenities" section, how do I add a local amenity which isn't known to Google maps?

I have a local convenience store which I wish to add into the Amenities list. But Google doesn't know about this store, and even if I type its name freehand, after I save the description the system changes the name to a similar (but wrong) one.

6 Replies 6
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

I don't think that would go in an amenities section.

Under the "location" section, write in a description (wonderful shop/small business nearby (or steps away, if that is the case) for necessities, such as....)

Apologies - I meant the "Guidebook" section, not "Amenties". It has various sections where you can recommend local shops and services. In this case, I want to add a convenience store in the "Essentials" section.

As I start typing in the name of the store, it begins to search for the name - the dropdown list indicate sthat teh search is "Powered by Google". As the store isn't apparently known to Google, when I finish typing the name and adding my description and clicking save, the name gets converted to a similar sounding store in the area (whose adderss also gets inserted).

Ah, that makes sense.  I am not sure how to remedy that, but if it is a really cool shop, I would put it in the description of the area anyway.

Thanks Hilary and Ed, I will do that for now.

Meanwhile, as and when someone finds a way to add it in the Guidebook, I will tidy up and move it to there.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Philip90,

Just to add to what @Hilary-And-Ed0 said, if you have one, you can also add this to your listing's welcome information pack so your guests can read about it when they arrive. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Philip90
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Lizzie, that's a part I realise I haven't even looked at properly, so I will consider that approach too.