Inquiry for Guest Payment

Tracy465
Level 1
Davao City, Philippines

Inquiry for Guest Payment

Good day! A guest of mine is asking if her full payment to Airbnb for her stay in my home has already been deducted to her bank. But I cannot confirm this since I can only recieve her payment after her check-in (non-strict cancellation policy). She is asking if I can ask Airbnb with this matter. Can you help me? Thank you

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tracy465  This guest sounds incredibly clueless. She can't even check her own bank account to see if the money was withdrawn? And she thinks you have access to her bank account details? Sheesh.

Tell her that hosts have nothing to do with handling the money exchange- that Airbnb deals with all that, and if she has questions, she should contact them. Even if you asked Airbnb, they wouldn't tell you a guests account details, that would be a privacy breach. If her booking was confirmed, then obviously the money would have been charged.

You might want to be vigilant about making sure this particular guest has actually read your listing info and house rules and understands what she's booked- she doesn't sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Tracy465
Level 1
Davao City, Philippines

Yes, I told her to check with her bank or card company. I even gave her the Airbnb customer service hotline as Airbnb might ask personal questions of the guest I cannot answer. But she insists if I could also check from my end as she is worried that her booking might be cancelled if her payment had not push through. Thank you for your advice. I will definitely take note of that.