Profile Landline Phone number 0333 - "Not supported" - Help!

Jack422
Level 2
Leeds, United Kingdom

Profile Landline Phone number 0333 - "Not supported" - Help!

Hi Guys,

I am an airbnb Host, currently I have my personal mobile number on my profile and I want to remove this and add my business landline number instead.

My landlord phone number is a UK local 0333 number. 

When I try to add this in my profile I get the message: "You'll need to use a different phone number, we can't support this one."

I have tried to call Airbnb and they have not offered any reason why this number is not being accepted. Its my main office number and I need to get this working. The number is fully working and active, I use it for other booking portals just fine. 

PLease! Any help apreciated, very frustrating!

Thanks

Jack

9 Replies 9
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Jack422  I thought you meant actually on your profile at first.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/users/show/73023847

You should add your business details/phone number etc by going to "account" and clicking "Settings". You can also switch on the multicalender on the same page.

Jack422
Level 2
Leeds, United Kingdom

@Jeff158 I know where to add the phone number, thats not the issue, the issue is on that page when I put the new number in, you are then asked to verify it, and when clicking that it gives the error I explained above. The number works for all other business activities so the number is fine. Any ideas?

Bryan141
Level 2
Idaho Falls, ID

@Jack422 I'm having the same issue.  Did you ever find a solution?

Jack422
Level 2
Leeds, United Kingdom

Hi Bryan, no I didn't find a solution. No one come up with a resolution on here, barely had a response, which I am very surprised at as others must be having this issue?! I called Airbnb and the customer service was very poor in that they wouldnt look into this in any detail and basically said provide another phone number.

Let me know if you find anything?!

@Jack422I called customer service too since it's been a few months from your initial post. No joy. Short version: She kept telling me to use a different number, so I basically had to insist that I be included on the work ticket and updated when progress is made. We'll see if that happens.  They had no answer why my number works everywhere else except on Airbnb. Very disappointing. 

@Helen0My number is for all hours, as it is a cell. Unlike Jack, I do not yet have a staff for after hours. 😄

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why don’t you just default to a business mobile @Jack422  @Bryan141  Surely you want to offer a contact number that’s available outside of business hours? 

Jack422
Level 2
Leeds, United Kingdom

Hi Helen,

Why will airbnb not support a landline is the question we need a response too.

A business landline can be diverted for in hours and out of hours to my guest handling team.

I do not want a mobile phone on my SA business - trying to avoid dealing with text messages.  Having 1 mobile to deal with this is taking a step back with todays technology.

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

I'm sure you've probably already done this @Jack422, but have you tried inputting the UK country code (and dropping the first zero) along with your phone number eg  +44 333 XXXXXXX? 

Jack422
Level 2
Leeds, United Kingdom

Thanks for the info Suan, I have tried this though and many other combinations without any joy!!!