Instant Booking Doesn't Fit All

Missy-and-John0
Level 1
Washington, United States

Instant Booking Doesn't Fit All

Our kids- reason for not adopting instant bookingOur kids- reason for not adopting instant bookingAs superhosts and long time airbnb hosts, we are very disappointed about Airbnb's new rule that hosts can only see a guest's cleanliness rating if we activate the Instant Booking feature.  We live on a farm with animals.  We allow our guests to bring 2 well-behaved pets but they must first tell us about those pets before booking. This is an important safety function for us and our farm animals which is fair for the guests and us as we are not going to risk the safety of our animals for the sake of faster booking.  Please re-think this short sited and penalizing policy. It's also very "one sided" as the guests can see our cleanliness rating regardless of their status. We can't be the only hosts that have a good reason for not adopting Instant Booking...what's your reason? Do you think this is fair and equitable?

(How this came about...There was a message on the homepage I believe that said something like "Do you want to access your guest's cleanliness star rating? Click here."  Once you click, it says you can only access that function if you activate "Instant Booking.")

😞

3 Replies 3
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Yes, you can have IB but add a condition. As in : Only guests who don't bring pets can IB, everyone else must send an enquiry first.

I have this on my listing, for groups. Anyone needing more beds can't IB as the beds are differently priced. It has worked well so far. There are many benefits to IB, and you can add as many conditions as you need.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I don't use IB and I can't imagine I ever will. I host a private bedroom in my home and want to be able to exchange a message or two with a prospective guest to get a feel for whether they'd be a good fit here. I also want the type of guests who feel the same way. 

Missy-and-John0
Level 1
Washington, United States

We feel the same way. Our cottage is located on our property and we believe connecting with guests beforehand has been beneficial for us and our guests.